Am I eligible?

Wondering if you’re eligible for a visa to study or train in Australia?

Let us help. Our experts can guide you through the requirements for the type of 

visa you’re interested in and provide personalized support.

Training Visa (Subclass 407)

The Training Subclass 407 Visa is a temporary visa for people to undergo workplace-based training or professional development in Australia. The training course can be focused on improving your skills for your current occupation or field of study in higher education, or a professional training program.
The application must be lodged online. You can either be in Australia or overseas when lodging the application. Family members (spouses and children) can be included in the application.

Training visa 407 eligibility criteria

To be eligible to apply for this type of visa in Australia you must meet the following:

  • Have an approved sponsor
  • Nominated by an approved sponsor.
  • Must be 18 years old or older.
  • Meet the Health requirement
  • Meet the character requirement
  • Have adequate health insurance while in Australia
  • Have functional English level – IELTS or PTE is NOT a requirement
  • You must have a recent and suitable work experience or study in the occupation you are applying for: 

a. Is equivalent of at least 12 months full-time experience in the occupation
b. Has occurred in the 24 months immediately before the nomination is lodged.
c. Up to 6 months of practical experience, research or observation is required to obtain an overseas qualification

Condition 8102: Main applicant must not engage in work in Australia other than in relation to the holder’s course of study or training.

Condition 8104: Secondary applicants (dependent) must not engage in work for more than 40 hours a fortnight while the holder is in Australia.

Nomination by sponsor:

Your sponsor must nominate you (they cannot be a sole trader or an individual).